YHA have always offered memorable, perspective-shifting residentials but whilst the Department for Education is currently advising against overnight stays, they are encouraging schools to make use of local outdoor spaces to support the delivery of the curriculum. This is where we step in. We want to make use of our knowledgeable staff and extensive rural hostel network to offer schools access to our activity packages on a day time only basis.
Designed to re-introduce children to the great outdoors after being stuck in on lock down, Day Stays are national curriculum-linked and can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your group. They will be led by YHA staff and offer something for all abilities. Students will tackle a wide range of activities, each one intended to improve their skills and self-confidence, strengthen friendships and help them grow as team players. Breathe in fresh country air and watch as your students try different things and take on new challenges in a safe and supported space. Everything we offer is set against a backdrop of inspiring surroundings in the natural environment.
Activities include: archery, shelter building, fire-lighting, guided walks, orienteering, natural art, team challenges, minibeasts and habitats, rokit launch, fossil hunting, history day and our popular spy-themed Alex Rider missions.
Prices from £20 per person (ex VAT) including lunch.
Covid-19 secure activity procedures
We’ve taken extra steps to keep you and your students safe
- Participants will always maintain in their school bubbles whilst onsite, this includes during lunch.
- Equipment will be sanitised or isolated before and after activities.
- Hand sanitiser and ample opportunities to wash hands will be provided.
- YHA staff will not be considered part of any bubble and therefore will,
- Remain at a safe distance from all participants during activities
- Will not share equipment with participants during activities
- YHA staff will wear PPE if required to be in close contact within the bubble or if within two metres.
- Supporting school staff will not be included in the bubble. They will be expected to remain socially distanced and to use separate equipment from the main bubble
- All activities have been designed to reinforce the new Covid-19 related practices.
- All activities have had specific Covid-19 Risk Assessments written to guide instruction and manage risk.