If you are looking to do your own thing and lead your own residential, we have lots of options available to you.
Our unique hostel network offers bases for inspirational adventures throughout England and Wales in group accommodation that’s hard to beat. We offer a range of accommodation options. In addition to Youth Hostels ask us about our camping barns, camping pods, cabins and campsites which may be suitable for your group, depending on its size.
No matter which YHA overnight you choose you can take advantage of our hostel facilities including meeting/class rooms, games rooms, cycle storage, drying rooms, hostel grounds, and great social spaces. This offers ideal places for those subject write ups/reflection diaries, and space to build as team mates.
Our flexible approach means that if you’re feeling peckish many of our hostels can offer self-catering facilities that may be suitable for smaller groups, plus our restaurants and café/bars can provide low priced breakfast, picnic lunches and evening meals at times to suit you.
If your itinerary has a few gaps be sure to check out our bolt-on activities. Our bolt-on options are great for groups staying on a self-led residential experience, but are looking for some extra activities to keep everyone occupied or additional activities to enhance your subject learning. Our staff can guide your group through a variety of activities that will enrich the residential experience and are designed to entertain and engage.
Our experienced advisors are here to support you with every aspect of planning your visit, from health and safety planning to organising funding. Our flexible approach means that we can provide you with a break that’s perfectly tailored to your needs and delivered at the low prices group leaders can expect from YHA. Call us today to find out more.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop social skills and skills to form and improve relationships
- To provide opportunities for staff and students to develop new relationships as well as enhancing existing relationships
- Improved independence and maturity
- Enable opportunities for improved creativity as residentials provide inspiration and help to enrich students’ work in a range of subject areas
- To begin to understand the concept of risk and hazards, and show the development of personal risk management
Our dedicated team is here to help you along the way.