Whether you’ve stayed with us before or are new to YHA, we encourage group leaders to organise a preview visit to your chosen hostel.
Your visit will provide the perfect opportunity for you to talk to YHA staff, gain assistance with completing essential paperwork, and get first-hand experience of the activities available. Plus, if you have a distance to travel, or you just want longer to explore the surrounding area, we are happy to offer you free overnight accommodation at your chosen hostel too.
You can book your planning visit with us once you have confirmed your booking with us.
As well as this we also have a generous free leader place ratio of 1:10.
Terms and conditions
Subject to availability. Full board group bookings can claim a free bed and breakfast stay for up to two people prior to your residential stay. Half board, bed and breakfast and self-catering groups bookings will be chargeable at the standard overnight rate. All free planning visits can only be confirmed once your group booking has been made.
In addition to hostel pre-visits we also run a series of familiarisation events throughout the year. During these events we invite teachers/group leaders and their families around a number of hostels, demonstrate a selection of the activities available, and offer the chance to sample the delights of our groups menu.
Optional overnight at YHA Ironbridge Coalport on 7th August 2019 for anyone travelling a long distance.
7th August 2019
- 11.00am - Arrival
- Welcome drink/tour of facilities/presentation
- Talk by representative from Ironbridge Gorge Museums Trust about sites and workshops available to schools/groups
- Talk by representative from The Edge Adventure Activity Centre about activities available for schools/groups
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums – free passes to all museums including Blists Hill Victorian Town, Enginuity, Jackfield Tile, Coalport China and others!
- Evening meal
- Free time
8th August 2019
- Taster activity session by The Edge Adventure Activity Centre – available at just £10 per person
To book your place or to find out more email Michael Sabin our Groups Sales Manager on [email protected] or call on 07843 344 646.