Begin your journey through time
Packed with opportunities to gain hands-on learning experiences in authentic historical settings, our history packages are designed to deliver inspiration and immersion as pupils discover Britain through the ages. Plus, they are great value for money!
Fitting perfectly with the KS2 National Curriculum, our packages bring to life major historical eras through hands-on activities.
Pupils can travel back in time with our popular Roman, Saxon, Vikings, Medieval, and Invaders and Settlers package elements. Discover Romans at YHA Eskdale only a one-and-a-half mile walk from Hardknot Roman Fort where you can practise your marching drills on one of Europe’s best preserved Roman parade ground. Explore the recreated Celtic village at YHA Castleton Losehill Hall and get hands on with authentic weapons and shields. Become time detectives and trace a timeline of the city from past to present when you stay at YHA York. Uncover hidden medieval secrets by staying the night at our very own castle YHA St Briavels.
- To demonstrate the ability to listen and act accordingly to instructions
- To demonstrate the key personal skills of resilience and self-motivation
- To begin to demonstrate a coherent understanding of the chronological narrative of the history of the British Isles
- To begin to develop enquiry skills and use evidence to formulate historical understanding
- To learn about significant historical people, places and dates, relevant to the specific historical areas covered at the chosen hostel.
Need to know
- This package is perfect for KS2 History pupils who wish to bring their learning to life.
- All of our in-house activities are delivered by trained, DBS checked staff who are skilled at leading engaging residentials that are tailored to meet the needs of your group.
- We’re here to help. If you have any special requirements, please contact us.
- We actively encourage teachers to participate in all of our activities to help enhance teacher-pupil relations.
Package prices from
Price includes full board meals, accommodation and activities.