Your mission, should you choose to accept it
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help us find the next Alex Rider!
Ignite your students' imaginations, enjoy adventures in the great outdoors and spark a love of reading with our two YHA Alex Rider Packages. Find out more about our Alex Rider Mission Briefing package here.
We’ve teamed up with Walker Books and author Anthony Horowitz to bring you an exciting new Action Adventure package. During this residential experience students, or agents as they will be referred to for the duration of the camp, take part in a number of adventurous activities as well as team building challenges and spy training to test their mettle as potential new operatives.
All participating students will also receive a free copy of Stormbreaker courtesy of Walker Books. Plus, exclusive discounts on the Alex Rider series are available for participating schools.
What makes this package so special?
- Mark Anthony Horowitz’s bestselling Alex Rider books with a truly memorable residential experience
- Students receive a free copy of Anthony Horowitz’s Stormbreaker, the first book in the Alex Rider series
- Students receive a mission complete certificate of their achievements
- Every participating school will receive discounted offers for the Alex Rider series
- All transport to and from activity locations is included within the price
- Evening activities are also included in the package
- To demonstrate the ability to listen and act accordingly to instructions.
- To demonstrate the key personal skills of resilience and self-motivation.
- To demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, supporting, communicating and recognising the achievements of their peers.
- To begin to understand the concept of risk and hazards, and show the development of personal risk management.
- To demonstrate the ability to think strategically both as an individual or as a member of a team to complete complex and challenging tasks.
- To demonstrate the ability to provide constructive feedback to all groups including their own.
- To take part in adventurous and outdoor activities both as an individual and as part of a team.
- To compare and reflect on previous performances and show an understanding of how improvements and progression has been made.
Need to know
- All participating students will receive a free copy of Stormbreaker, the first in the Alex Rider series courtesy of Walker Books, plus exclusive discounts on the Alex Rider series and exclusive certificates of achievement.
- Forget simulated alternatives, this package enables students to experience activities in the real outdoors.
- We work with our own adventure centres and selected expert external providers to ensure the very highest health and safety standards are adhered to.
From the moment we arrived, the special agent mission and new agent names got the group instantly hooked. All the activities linked to the spy theme and gave the trip a new element.
The last day’s activity which led to the discovery of the Alex Rider books hidden in a room was brilliant! It meant we had 30 copies of the book (a rare thing indeed) and we started reading as a class as soon as we got back. We are currently three chapters from the end and the children are as hooked now as they were at the start. We have done lots of literacy work: comparing the book to the film, persuasive writing and lots of vocabulary work based on Horowitz's rich language. Our science has come from creating spy gadgets for Alex which covers a lot of areas of science in the new National Curriculum.
Andrea Fisher (Y5 Class teacher Stonelow Primary School)
per person per night*