Train up the next generation of super spies
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help us find the next Alex Rider!
Ignite your students' imaginations, enjoy adventures in the great outdoors and spark a love of reading, with our YHA Alex Rider Mission Briefing package.
We’ve teamed up with Walker Books and author Anthony Horowitz to bring you our Alex Rider Mission Briefing package which, in addition to being jam-packed with adventurous activities, also includes a free copy of ‘Stormbreaker’ for all participants.
The Alex Rider Mission briefing is our entry level Alex Rider package where the students, or agents as they will be known as throughout the duration of their stay, tackle a range of activities including; orienteering, archery, team building, fire lighting, shelter building, an assault course, and more, all delivered with a thrilling spy twist. This exciting package has a spy narrative running throughout and includes all daytime and evening activities, keeping your budding agents engaged from dawn to dusk.
But this is not just learning about shelter building, it’s about delivering experiences that enable your team to flourishes in unknown territory, all under the watchful gaze of our YHA Special Agents. To complement these activities we have a number of sessions unique to our Alex Rider packages including code breaking sessions, gadget design, observations skills and even an urgent hunt for a double agent.
Not only designed to deliver a thrilling and unique experiences, this package also provides the opportunity to cover a wide range of curriculum content including literacy, numeracy, geography, design technology and PE.
Even better, students will be encouraged to continue to immersing themselves into the world of Alex Rider after their residential experience, thanks to all participating students receiving a free copy of Stormbreaker courtesy of Walker Books. Plus, there are even exclusive discounts on the Alex Rider series for participating schools.
For schools and groups wanting something that little bit more adventurous, why not consider our other Alex Rider package, Alex Rider Classified Mission which is available as a 2 nights or longer stay and includes more adrenaline fueled activities such as abseiling, coasteering, caving and more. Find out more about our Alex Rider Classified Mission package here.
What makes this package so special?
- Mark Anthony Horowitz’s bestselling Alex Rider books with a truly memorable residential experience.
- Students receive a free copy of Anthony Horowitz’s Stormbreaker, the first book in the Alex Rider series.
- Students receive a 'Mission complete' certificate of their achievements.
- Fantastic for schools wanting a literacy focus to their residential, especially those that use ‘Stormbreaker’ as a text for their Literacy curriculum.
- Provides children with inspiration context that can be used to improve writing particularly short stories or writing based on the spy genre.
- To demonstrate the ability to listen and act accordingly to instructions.
- To demonstrate the key personal skills of resilience and self-motivation.
- To demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, supporting, communicating and recognising the achievements of their peers.
- To begin to understand the concept of risk and hazards, and show the development of personal risk management.
- To demonstrate the ability to think strategically both as an individual or as a member of a team to complete complex and challenging tasks.
- To demonstrate the ability to provide constructive feedback to all groups including their own.
Need to know
- All participating students will receive a free copy of Stormbreaker, the first in the Alex Rider series courtesy of Walker Books, plus exclusive discounts on the Alex Rider series and exclusive certificates of achievement.
From the moment we arrived, the special agent mission and new agent names got the group instantly hooked. All the activities linked to the spy theme and gave the trip a new element.
The last day’s activity which led to the discovery of the Alex Rider books hidden in a room was brilliant! It meant we had 30 copies of the book (a rare thing indeed) and we started reading as a class as soon as we got back. We are currently three chapters from the end and the children are as hooked now as they were at the start. We have done lots of literacy work: comparing the book to the film, persuasive writing and lots of vocabulary work based on Horowitz's rich language. Our science has come from creating spy gadgets for Alex which covers a lot of areas of science in the new National Curriculum.
Andrea Fisher (Y5 Class teacher Stonelow Primary School)
Package prices from
Price includes full board meals, accommodation and activities.