Adrenaline-fuelled activities in the great outdoors
Our Action Adventure packages are designed to make the most of the natural world around us and as a result they really take the challenges up a level.
Forget simulated experiences indoors and instead engage your pupils with exhilarating activities and extraordinary learning opportunities in the great outdoors. See the difference a genuine experience makes as your group tackles the thrills of natural rock surfaces or manmade structures including bridges and viaducts, breathe in fresh country air as they prepare to take a leap of faith, or paddle down the river as the cool water slaps against the side of their canoe.
Teamwork is key as the adventure begins. Pupils are encouraged to step out of their comfort zone to try different things and take on new challenges. With the support of our experienced staff pupils will take on a wide range of activities, each one designed to improve their skills, strengthen friendships and help them grow in confidence.
- To take part in adventurous and outdoor activities both as an individual and as part of a team
- To compare and reflect on previous performances and show an understanding of how improvements and progression has been made
- To demonstrate the ability to listen and act accordingly to instructions
- To demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, supporting, communicating and recognising the achievements of their peers
- To begin to understand the concept of risk and hazards, and show the development of personal risk management
- To demonstrate the key personal skills of resilience, self-motivation and self confidence
- To show an awareness and understanding of environmental issues and the impact that we can have both as individuals and as communities at a local, regional and national level.
Need to know
- All our activities are delivered by expertly trained staff holding all relevant National Governing Body qualifications including first aid.
- Our DBS checked staff are skilled at creating safe and secure packages that are tailored to meet the needs of your group.
- Activities may be on-site or off-site (where transport is provided as part of the cost)
- YHA Edale Activity Centre is registered with the Adventure Activities Licensing Service as licensed to provide specified activities under the following headings: Caving, Climbing, Trekking and Watersports. License number L11128/R0320. Details can be confirmed by calling the Licensing Authority on 01222 755715. We are also awarded a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge and Adventure mark AAA101283 & have MT Approved Centre status.
- This package is perfect for PE students or those wishing to push themselves through enrichment and transition programmes.
Package prices from
per person per night
Price are based on a two night stay and include full board meals, accommodation and activities.