Every year we welcome a diverse range of uniform groups including Cubs, Scouts, Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Brigades and Cadets to join us for new experiences in the great outdoors
Our group-friendly accommodation is located in prime spots throughout England and Wales so, whether you want activities led by YHA staff or a self-led break, we have a hostel, camping barn, campsite, or camping pod that’s handily placed for where you want to be.
Our experienced advisors are here to support you with every aspect of planning your visit, from risk assessments to organising funding. Our flexible approach means that we can provide just the right variety of activities, catered and self-catered options, and even hot chocolate before bedtime, for a break that’s perfectly tailored to your needs and delivered at the low prices group leaders can expect from YHA.
- We may be able to support you by linking our activities to your badges. Contact us and see how we can help
- Accommodation all year round: Youth Hostels, camp sites, camping barns and camping pods
- Accommodation located in the best outdoor-activity spots
- Great value, low cost group accommodation
- Funding is available for young people from low-income households through our Breaks for Kids bursary fund
- Safeguarding children is our top priority and we work closely with the DBS, the NSPCC and LOtC to ensure that our child safeguarding practises are over and above those required by law
- The option to bolt-on exhilarating adventurous activities with our expert adventure partners or engaging team building activities with us
- Free young person’s group membership – ask us for details
- Fully risk assessed, with over 70 LOtC accredited sites
- Pre-visit planning trips
- Dining rooms
- Break-out spaces
- Hostel grounds
- Classroom facilities (subject to availability)
- Meals available
- Packed lunches available
- Low cost dorm rooms
- Private rooms for leaders
- Drying rooms
If you are a leader of a youth group eg Girl Guiding, Scouting etc we highly recommend staying at / taking over a YHA property as a holiday. We have had a few holidays with the YHA and they have always been cost effective, great fun and unstressful.
Jan Crooks. Brown Owl / Volunteer leader Sithney Green Brownies (West Cornwall)
Designed to enable group leaders to create their own stay, our Discovery package offers a flexible programme of fun, challenging and memorable experiences that can be tailored to support the needs of your group.
Multi Activity Package
Full of challenges for the brain and body, our multi-activity packages are designed to engage participants through practical PE based activity.
Packed with opportunities to gain hands-on learning experiences in authentic historical settings, our history packages are designed to deliver inspiration and immersion as you discover Britain through the ages.
There’s no better way to learn about geography than to experience it up close! Our hostels can be found on riversides, moorland, coasts and forests, and make the perfect bases for learning about the forces that shape the natural world.
Action Adventure package
Amazing adventures in the great outdoors don’t come much better than this. Our Action Adventure package is designed to make the most of the natural world around us and as a result really takes the challenges up a level.
Perfect for groups looking to fill free time, our bolt-on activities can easily be added on to your YHA stay. Available as half-day and full-day options, we offer an exciting range of activities that are designed to entertain and engage all ages and abilities.
Group friendly facilities
All of our group hostels provide the facilities you need plus a few extras you probably wouldn’t anticipate.
Perfect for groups wanting the flexibility to do their own thing, our self-led breaks give you the freedom you want but with the advantage of YHA accommodation, meals and facilities.
Food and drink
To keep energy levels high we offer a delicious groups menu of breakfasts offer a delicious groups menu of breakfasts.